Follow @cateatsbananas

All content and images © Carolyn Croll 2011. All rights reserved.

All content and images are copyrighted material and may not be used in any manner without prior written
permission of Carolyn Croll. ©All rights reserved Carolyn Croll

June 11, 2009

Early Inspiration

click to enlarge

Pages from one of my oldest treasures.
Given to me as a child, by my Aunt Minky. 
She was an artist too.

Aunt Minky

A 1948 catalog of French couture fashion.
Illustrated in exquisite detail.  
Every visit to her home, I asked to see it. 
Finally one day she gave it to me.
Pure joy!


My childhood pencil embellishes many  pages. 
When I grew up I wanted to be a fashion designer. 


Blank pages with some early attempts at dress design.







1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this treasure with us and I thank Aunt Minky for inspiring you.

    ReplyDelete