Follow @cateatsbananas

All content and images © Carolyn Croll 2011. All rights reserved.

All content and images are copyrighted material and may not be used in any manner without prior written
permission of Carolyn Croll. ©All rights reserved Carolyn Croll

November 8, 2010

Claw And Bawl Feet

















Phone rings.
Startled cat levitates.
Leaps away.
Engraving traction marks
across my abdomen.
Claw trimming time.
Round up cats.
First Freddie. 
Wriggling and strong.
Clip, clip. 
One fine stiletto at time.
Wining and twisting.
Ten toes forward, eight aft.
Springs forward. 
Landing inches away.
Purposefully grooming offended paws.
Careless Tizzy standing next to me. 
Transfixed by Fred's ordeal. 


=^,,^=  =^,,^=

1 comment:

  1. I usually trimmed my cats' nails when they were sound asleep. By the time they wake up, I already trimmed half their nails. I'm sure I gave them horrible nightmares, but it's a dog-eat-dog world out there.

    ReplyDelete