Follow @cateatsbananas

All content and images © Carolyn Croll 2011. All rights reserved.

All content and images are copyrighted material and may not be used in any manner without prior written
permission of Carolyn Croll. ©All rights reserved Carolyn Croll

May 20, 2010

Liza Doolittle Day


The Birthday Girl, six decades ago

Today is Liza Doolittle Day
First mentioned in the lyrics
of Just You Wait Henry Higgins 
in Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick 
Loewe's, MY FAIR LADY.
And its my birthday.

Now I'm off to get my free 
bus pass. ;-)
Happy Day!!



3 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday, Carolyn! Love your photo backed by Van Gogh's yellow!

    Liza Doolittle is one of my favorite characters of all time. I've watched My Fair Lady countless times - it never gets old. The costumes in the horse-racing scene make me swoon.

    Good for you for taking public transportation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I hope there's more fun in store for you today than just a free bus pass. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks to both of you, Diana and Paula.
    I did enjoy a happy day AND got my bus pass! ;-)

    Beside public transport, I often walk (also free :) ) And am one of the original members of PHILLYCARSHARE, one of the best ideas EVER. A car when you need it without having to own it. http://www.phillycarshare.org/

    OOXXOO

    ReplyDelete