Follow @cateatsbananas

All content and images © Carolyn Croll 2011. All rights reserved.

All content and images are copyrighted material and may not be used in any manner without prior written
permission of Carolyn Croll. ©All rights reserved Carolyn Croll

January 2, 2009

One Small Step

Though only a two-fingered typist, at the beginning of my career, the technology I longed for was an IBM Selectric typewriter. The one with the silver ball covered with raised alphabet letters. It typed so evenly. Unlike the typewriter I could afford. 

Today, for the first time, I sent a finished full color illustration to a client over the internet. The original art remains with me. 

Hats off to the inventor of the ftp file, not to mention jpeg, tiff, pdfs and all the rest. Your folks must be so proud!

One enormous step for book illustrator kind. 
One teensy step for me to begin to comprehend any of it.

And I still type with the same 2 fingers.

1 comment:

  1. I adore this picture! The pigtails are charming, her expression precious.

    ReplyDelete